AFL is looking for Diverse talent
The hunt is on for talented athletes to be part of the 2020 AFL NSW/ACT Diversity Talent Program.
Nominations are open to male Indigenous or Multicultural athletes aged 12 to 15 (born 2005 to 2008). Multicultural is defined as a player that was born overseas or has at least one parent who was born overseas.
Players don’t have to be current members of AFL clubs, so if you’re fast, can jump high, can run all day, and have good hand/foot/eye co-ordination, we want you!
The Diversity Talent Program is a FREE initiative and forms part of the state Male Talent Pathway providing participants with the opportunity to:
- Progress through to the State and National Indigenous (Flying Boomerangs) or Multicultural (World Team) teams.
- Receive elite coaching experience
- Take part in education sessions on health, culture, and wellbeing
- Be selected for National Indigenous and Multicultural team
- Receive a scholarship into the Sydney Swans Academy program.
The High-Performance testing will take place in Coffs Harbour on Sunday 8 March. Successful participants will progress to the Diversity Talent camps which will be staged on:
Camp 1: Saturday 21 March to Sunday 22 March
Camp 2: Friday 3 April to Sunday 5 April
To register your interest in the 2020 AFL NSW/ACT Diversity Talent Program please click here and complete the form by Tuesday 18 February.