AFL National Inclusion Carnival
The AFL National Inclusion Carnival is an annual representative carnival for male athletes with an intellectual disability. The carnival not only gives some of Australia’s most talented footballers the chance to represent their State/Territory but is also an opportunity to showcase the significant abilities of footballers with an Intellectual Disability to the broader community. To qualify for a team, players must meet the below requirements.
- Male 16 years or older
- IQ 75 or below.
- 2 deficit areas of adaptive behaviour.
- Intellectual disability must be evident prior to the age of 18.
- A formal psychological assessment.
- A signed statement by a psychologist or doctor which confirms a diagnosis of intellectual disability.
- Proof of attendance at a special school/college for students with intellectual disability.
- Diagnosis by state or government receipt of support, clearly identifying the support required as resulting from intellectual disability.
2018 National Inclusion Carnival
The 2018 National Inclusion Carnival will be hosted in Launceston, Tasmania from June 18- 24 attracting teams from every state and territory in Australia. AFL NSW/ACT is committed to sending a team of 16 players to the carnival.
Trials will be held at Blacktown International Sportspark and is open to all who are interested. If you are unable to make the trials but are interested in trying out for the team, please fill in the Expression of Interest form. The trials will be held during the below times.
- Monday, May 14 – 4:30pm to 6:30pm
- Monday, May 21 – 6:00pm to 8:00pm
If you meet the above criteria and are interested in joining the team, please fill out the below Expression of Interest form and someone will be in contact with more information. No AFL experience required!
For more information visit http://aflnswact.com.au/afl-national-inclusion-carnival/.