2018 Senior Competition draw revealed
The 2018 season will see the four Senior clubs playing each other five teams each across 15 rounds of action. Highlights of the season include:
- North Coast Grand Final (Saturday 1 September) is in the AFL’s bye week between the last round and the start of the Finals Series. It will be the hottest ticket in town for anyone looking for their fix of footy action!
- Coffs Harbour Breakers unfurling their first Senior Premiership flag when they return to Fitzroy Oval – the Old Camp Yaam Nguura Jalumgal in the round 1 fixture against Grafton Tigers.
- Introduction of the Women’s competition, with Sawtell Toormina Saints and Port Macquarie Magpies to play the League’s first ever competitive Women’s fixture on Saturday 21 April.
- ANZAC commemorative celebrations for the clash between Sawtell Toormina Saints and Coffs Harbour Breakers on Saturday 28 April.
- The return of the Port Macquarie Magpies to the Reserve Grade competition after a 12 month hiatus.
- Annual representative fixture against AFL North West to be hosted at C.ex Coffs International Stadium on Saturday 23 June. North Coast will be looking to reclaim the Men’s trophy whilst the Women’s match will be the first true representative match between the two Leagues.
A change has also been made to the youth division with the age group dropping back to Under 17. This now means that AFL North Coast has age groups at each two year span from Under 11 to Under 13, providing a competitive structure that is suited to retaining players within the sport and therefore growing the code locally.
The draw is available on the website under the “Fixtures & Results” tab.